Saturday, February 27, 2021

Sustainable Fashion Haul

Shopping is one of my hobbies! Even during COVID19, I can't stop buying 😣 But we call it supporting our economy and retail therapy, so it's fine, right?!  And if I shop secondhand it's more environmentally conscious, because it decreases the natural resources used to make new clothes (like water), and prevents fast fashion from filling our landfills!

One of my favorite thrift shops is Clothes Mentor. The shopping and buying concept mirrors Plato's Closet, but the merchandise quality is higher and aimed at a more mature crowd (there's no Forever 21 at Clothes Mentor!).

My local Clothes Mentor did their yearly $1 clearance sale, so of course I had to check out the goods!

  I snagged 3 pairs of black shoes and a J.Crew scarf for less than $5 after tax!
 
BEWARE: If you don't like stickers/labels that remove cleanly, shopping secondhand might drive you crazy!
 
Black Patent Vera Wang Lavender Flats - size 7
 
Black Matte Vera Wang Lavender Flats - size 7
 
Black T-Strap Nine West Kitten Heels - size 6.5
 

As with all thrifted items, I wash/clean before using! I usually put the items in my freezer to
effectively kill any bacteria/virus. However, for this haul, the items froze outdoors for a couple nights during a deep cold spell (Thanks Midwest Winter!). Then, I washed the scarf and cleaned the shoes with disinfectant wipes before wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment