Monday, March 22, 2021

Skincare Spotlight: Sekkisei

I want to spotlight a beauty brand I am currently loving: Sekkisei aka 雪肌精

I first discovered this brand in 2019 when I was traveling with friends in Japan. I bought a couple products to try then, because all the duty free shops were hawking their products.

This Japanese skincare line works for my combination skin type and the products penetrate well into my skin. I  also enjoy its light fragrance. Below are the products I've been using. 

This sample toner came in a spray bottle so it's easy to apply. I haven't seen noticeable results from this toner, but it does absorb quickly into my skin.


I highly recommend their sunscreen and emulsion/moisturizer.

This chemical sunscreen's texture is gel-like and applies very smoothly. I haven't heard of any scandals with the Japanese sunscreens, so I believe it's spf 50!

I've been using this emulsion as my morning moisturizer, because it's lightweight and absorbs quickly. However, there is alcohol in this product, which you can smell when you apply it. I found this product on sale at Costco, so I recommend checking out warehouse-style shops for discounts, because this brand is pricier.

No comments:

Post a Comment