2. Second Cleanser: Use a gentle foaming cleanser
3. Exfoliate: Use a chemical wipe, sugar scrub, etc. once or a few times a week
4. Toner/Softner: Use a cotton pad/ball to swipe across face to balance your skin pH and remove any remaining dirt/make-up
5. Essence: Pat into face to provide additional skin-loving nutrients
6. Mask (Clay/Mud/Sheet/Face): Use a few times weekly and leave on for 10-20 minutes (read each mask's instructions!)
7. Serum/Ampoule: Choose one with the specific benefit you want for your skin, for example dark spot correcting
8. Moisturizer: Lighter moisturizer for daytime and a heavier one (like an oil) for nighttime
9. Eye Cream: ALWAYS pat on using ring finger because ring fingers are the weakest fingers. Optional if under 20 years old, >_<!
10. SPF (Day) or Overnight Sleeping Mask (Night)
Think there are too many steps? The most important takeaways from Korean skincare are:
- Have a routine and stick to it daily!
- RE-APPLY SPF every 80-100 minutes when outdoors
- DO NOT sleep overnight in make-up
- Layer products from lightest to heaviest (toner < serum < cream)